Following are links and notes to some of my poetry, in alphabetical order by title:
- "The Bees": True story: a Reds game really was delayed
by a swarm of bees.
- "Burning the Last Outhouses": Merl and I burned
the last wooden outhouses at Camp Wanake. Merl called me Gary all the time and I thought
he was just going senile until after he retired and called me Greg and I realized that he
was just a cantankerous old coot who wanted to see if I would do anything about it.
- "Childhood Fantasy": 1975 was the year I really
discovered baseball. I loved that 1975 Boston Red Sox team.
- "Discovery Camp Nature Hike" : the title says it
- "Keeping My Place": For Mary Jo, with whom I used
to shamelessly flirt.
- "Morning Has Broken": a little bit about the family
heritage filtered through a bus trip on choir tour in grad school.
- "Night Vision" : bonus if you can name the singer I
blatantly rip off in this poem.
- "Perfect Day" : a day at the folk festival
- "Pieces in the River": true story, by the way.
- "A Petrarchan Sonnet for the Times": one of only two
rhyming poems I've ever done that work. I can't believe it's over ten years old.
- "The Poetry Man": A poem in memoriam for my
Back to home page
Guestbook View My
This The Amateur Poetry Ring
site owned by Greg Grant.
Previous| Next| List Sites